About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Monday, April 11, 2011

What My Husband Doesn't Know

I give this play 5 stars all the way. David E. Talbert put together a great stageplay and he casted very talented people. I won the tickets at the 98.7 Kiss FM R&B Side concert with Donell Jones at SOBs for my birthday. The play was held at the Beacon Theater, my first time there, and it was on Friday April 8th. My friend Shauna attended the play with me and we had an awesome time. The theater was packed and so many people were anticipating the sights of Morris Chestnut and Brian White. Amazing cast and awesome play!

The promotional advertisement

Photobucket

The play had a unique and interesting story line which I will not tell you because there is a dvd you can purchase to see for yourself. But I loved each and everyone's energy. Their performances were memorable. Michelle Williams was the leading lady, playing Lena, of the show and she did phenomenal. She seemed to have been having so much fun on stage but made her character come alive. She also sung a few selections with her signature angelic voice. Brian White starred as Paul and he played his role really good. The character he played made you love him and hate him at the same time. Clifton Davis is a veteran and even though his role was switched to Pastor Braddok for certain shows people were still amazed to see him in action. He was originally casted as Franklin, the workaholic husband. Morris Chestnut had a guest appearing role as Franklin when I went to see the show. He is an excellent actor and he I'm so glad I got to see him. Ann Nesby, singer and actress, was also put on a great performance as Elennor, Lena's mother. The comedic aspect was held by Tiffany Haddish, who played Falana, who was Lena's bestfriend. She had the audience laughing til it hurt. I know my friend and I did. I never really heard of her until then and se left an amazing impression. Esau McGraw who played Moody also had the crowd in stitches as well. He put me in reminense of Daddy Charles from Tyler Perry's plays. The production was awesome and everyone that I spoke to really enjoyed the show. David E. Talbert and his wife, Lyn Talbert, really made this play very memorable. I will definitely support him more often and see more of his works.

Some moments I managed to capture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After the show the cast signed autographs. I was sooooo happy I got to shake their hands and talk to them. Even though it was brief it was memorable. I told Clifton Davis he was a legend, I commended Tiffany Haddish and Esau McGraw on their comedic performances, I nearly dropped my phone trying to take a photo of Brian White when he looked at me, and I told Morris Chestnut how much I loved him.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God that looked like so much fun. I love plays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love plays! One thing I miss about America, American American plays and heritage, they should come to England!!!

    ReplyDelete