About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Friday, March 11, 2011

My Prayers Go Out to Japan

Today was another day of natural destruction in the world. Japan has experienced the largest earthquake in Japanese history, between 8.8 and 9.1 on the magnitude on the Japan Meteorological Agency seismic intensity scale. It is also the fifth largest earthquake in the world since modern record keeping of earthquakes. After the earthquake they were also hit with a massive tsunami causing more of a disaster. There is still no definite count of casualties but it has reached over a thousand. This is also the most expensive natural disaster so far to date. They have also experienced a series of aftershocks. The earthquake was so powerful that it sent tsunami warnings as far as the California coast. Hawaii and California did experience some damage from the wave as well. My prayers are going out to the world and to those who have been affected by this historic disaster.

For More Info
Here's a Wikipedia article.



Photobucket

Photo credit Sendai Earthquake http://www2.demis.nl/quakes/





Photobucket

Photo credit Wave height map for the tsunami www.defense.gov


Photobucket


Photobucket


Before this occurred the Northeast part of the U.S. experienced flooding from the heavy wind and rain all day yesterday. Photo taken in Newark, NJ by yours truly :-)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment