About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Madness in Newark

Photobucket

Amazing as it seems the 2011 NCAA East Regional games came to Newark, NJ as a part of the Go Newark Hoop Fest. If I knew I was gonna be off this weekend ahead of time, I would have been there instead of watching it on television. The teams that played here over the weekend was University of Kentucky, Marquette University, University of North Carolina, and Ohio State. The games were played at the Prudential Center.

Photobucket

Photo Credit: Michael Fiur Productions


I love how Newark has built the arena and it is holding events like these. There have been numerous concerts, Nets games, circuses and many more events held here. Now that the NCAA has decided to let the regional games play here, it should help bring Newark's name up and this should also help Newark's economy. All of the family, friends, and fans of the teams have came to represent them from across their states. This was such an awesome event that was held here and I look forward to seeing some more things coming out of Newark. Next time I will be there. Go Newark!

No comments:

Post a Comment