About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mary Mary: Night of Gospel

Yesterday June 3, 2011, I was able to see Mary Mary perform live at the State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ. I went right after work with my coworker and friend Deana. Her sister Lakecia even enjoyed the adventure. We hit traffic and detours along the way but we were still able to make it in time to enjoy the show. It almost felt like the Devil was trying to slow us down, but thank God we made it there and back safely. There were a few opening gospel acts and they had the crowd prepared for Mary Mary. So after a beautiful performance by Marcia Sapp, there was a ten minute break. After that break, it was on.
I’ve always wanted to see Mary Mary perform live. I try to catch their appearances on television but that wasn’t enough. So when Deana mentioned they were going to be in New Jersey, I had to go. They were full of energy as they opened with “In the Morning” and it was such a spiritual atmosphere the whole time. They had people on their feet, whether it was dancing or praising the Lord, the entire time. There were a few songs that brought tears to my eyes and some made me want to shout. They sang plenty of songs from their new album Something Big, such as “Walking”, “Something Bigger”, and "Never Wave My Flag". They even had to take their shoes off the jam with us. Then they also sang hit such as “In the Morning”, “God in Me”, and they closed the show with "Shackles (Praise You)". We all had so much fun that I want to see them again and again. Got to love Erica and Tina!

Clips




Photos

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Taking their shoes off to get down!

Photobucket


Time to leave

Photobucket


Home

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. 1. I'm an MSU alum too!! (c/o 2011) thats too cool! lol
    2. I was a science major as well - Molec Bio
    3. I love Mary Mary cant believe I missed out on this :[
    4. Now following !! :] lol

    xo Mima


    http://TheHauteTamale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Mary Mary, would love to see them in concert! Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.bomabrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mary Mary!! I'm so jealous I know you had such a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like fun! they're music is uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that was an uplifting concert. I love Mary Mary!

    ReplyDelete