About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flashback Movie: Dance With Me

Photobucket


I just fell in love with movie the first time I laid eyes on it back in 1998. I don't know what caught my eyes more, the smooth dance moves or Chayanne's beautiful smile. The chemistry could not have been better between him and the gorgeous and talented Vanessa Williams. When I had it on VHS, I watched it so many times that I know the whole movie front and back and word for word. I also always wanted to join a Latin dance class to learn the moves. So glad it is airing back on cable.

Photobucket


The theme of the movie is a young man, Rafael, from Cuba moves to America after his mother dies. He wants to know more about his family life. In the process, he takes a job cleaning a dance studio with a close friend to his mother, John. There he meets so many interesting people, including Ruby. She's a dance instructor who competes professionally in Latin dancing. Their first date together causes a bit of a problem between the two but eventually grows. Ruby then becomes scared to commit and she also has a son by a professional dancer, Julian, who has left them before. Will their relationship ever grow?

Photobucket


Then there is the relationship between Rafael and John. Rafael's mother has had an affair with an American man and this leaves Rafael to wonder if this man can be his real father. He also is confronted by John about the issue when he heard Ruby tell him what Rafael had said. But what could have happened. Is John his father for real?

Photobucket


The movies also packed with great music. I just love the soundtrack. There are so many different types of music that appears in the movie that all couldn't fit on the soundtrack. The dancers are wonderful and the dance sequences are enough to make you want to sign up for the next dance class. Then where ever there is dancing there are beautiful costumes. The colors and styles are definitely memorable. You are bound to fall in love with them. I know you will love this movie.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment