About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. D & R Photos for Less "We'll beat any price, cause our price is right." Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Flatted Fifth Jazz Vespers Series: Newark, NJ

The event was held on February 26, 2011 at the Memorial West United Presbyterian Church in Newark, NJ. The show featured jazz singer Carrie Jackson who is a native of Newark,NJ. She is the president of C-Jay Records. She has produced her own albums. She performed songs such as "God Bless the Child," "Take the A Train," "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow," "His Eye is on the Sparrow," and more. She has such a magnificent voice and it has so much soul. The band that played with her is call Jazzin' All-Stars which featured Norman Simmons (piano), Thaddeus Expose (bass), Earl Grice (drums), and Cornell McGhee (Trombone). The event also introduced a young talented girl named Hasadiyah Wheeler, a young woman that we all need to look for in the future. This is the second Jazz Verpers show I attended, the first one featured Antoinette Montague and the Bill Easley Quartet and a young guitar player Solomon Hicks.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment