About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Flatted Fifth Jazz Vespers Series: Newark, NJ

The event was held on February 26, 2011 at the Memorial West United Presbyterian Church in Newark, NJ. The show featured jazz singer Carrie Jackson who is a native of Newark,NJ. She is the president of C-Jay Records. She has produced her own albums. She performed songs such as "God Bless the Child," "Take the A Train," "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow," "His Eye is on the Sparrow," and more. She has such a magnificent voice and it has so much soul. The band that played with her is call Jazzin' All-Stars which featured Norman Simmons (piano), Thaddeus Expose (bass), Earl Grice (drums), and Cornell McGhee (Trombone). The event also introduced a young talented girl named Hasadiyah Wheeler, a young woman that we all need to look for in the future. This is the second Jazz Verpers show I attended, the first one featured Antoinette Montague and the Bill Easley Quartet and a young guitar player Solomon Hicks.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment