About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Newark, NJ Bucket List: 15 Fun Things to Do Before You Die

When some people think of Newark, NJ all they think about is crime, poverty and drug related issues. Newark, NJ has come a very long way since then and I commend the govenrment for their efforts. I've lived in Newark all my live which will be 26 years on March 29th and I've seen the ups and downs of my city. No matter what phase it was in, I still had hope it will get better and I still loved my hometown because it made me the stronger individual I am today. I'm here to show you that the city Newark, which is the largest city in New Jersey, has something to offer. We will keep rising to the top.
Photobucket


1. Visit the largest museum in New Jersey, the Newark Museum.

2. See one of the largest Cherry Blossom displays in the country at Branch Brook Park.

3. Go inside the fifth largest cathedral in North America, the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart.

4. See a show at the sixth largest performing arts center in the United State, New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC).

5. See a show at, the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, Newark Symphony Hall.

6. See a movie at Newark's own, Newark Screens Movie Theater.

7. Visit the, U.S. National Register of Historic Places, New Jersey Historic Society.

8. Spend the night at the Robert Treat Hotel, named after the founder of Newark Robert Treat.

9. Watch the Nets or NJ Devils play, concerts, and shows at the Prudential Center arena.

10. Shop downtown Newark.

11. Watch the Newark Knights Bike Blessing on Mother's Day.

12. Watch planes leaving and landing in Newark Liberty International Airport.

13. Listen to the Newark Boys Chorus.

14. Watch a Newark Bears baseball game at the Bears & Eagles Riverfront Stadium.

15. Admire our unique skyline at night when you arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment