About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Monday, September 12, 2011

MJ Birthday Fan Brunch & Help Shannon's SHARE Foundation

9/10/11

I am so disappointed that I had to work earlier that day and miss majority of the celebration, but from the look of photos on Facebook, it was beautiful. The event was a birthday tribute to Michael Jackson, Shannon Tavarez who starred as young Nala in the Lion King Musical on Broadway who died at the age of 11 to leukemia and to the victims lost on September 11th 2001. Still in all, I was glad I still managed to be a part of a great day and memorable moments. This time my mom was a part of this adventure. We were on our way to the Riverwalk Bar & Grill on Roosevelt Island in New York City. We had a few delays with trains and buses but we made it there with an hour to spare. Plus it was my first MJ tribute performance. Of course I practiced like crazy and was a nervous wreck, not to mention my allergies had to bother. I did not let that stop me at all. The show most go on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I performed the live version of "Billie Jean" wearing the signature sequins jacket and glove along with my sequins hat. When I was being introduced, I felt my nose starting to feel stuffy, I began to worry. Then as I began my routine, my nose tried to run. Yet once I began, it seemed like the sickness eased away and I gave them my all. I truly pushed hard. I felt MJ's spirit with me and I took it to a new level.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After my performance, we all received a white balloon. We walked by the waterfront and began to sing "Heal The World" as a tribute to Michael, Shannon Tavarez, and the victims of September 11th. As we were singing, the sun came out a shined upon us all. Then after we released he balloons at the end of the song, as we began to celebrate Michael and dance, the clouds around the sun formed a heart. We felt that they loved our gifts. Then while walking back to the restaurant, I looked up and saw that the heart then formed into an "M." We all couldn't believe our eyes. You had to see it to believe it. Then it formed into Michael doing the "Toe Pose." Such an amazing and unforgettable moment. The power of MJ!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photos taken by various members of Michael Jackson Fans of New York City, Gadget Trish and myself







No comments:

Post a Comment