About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Amateur Night at the Apollo: Moses Harper Pt. 3

BIG CONGRATS TO MOSES HARPER! ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE GRAND PRIZE!



My mom, Shauna and I with Moses Harper

Photobucket


Maybe I gave that away too early, but hell I'm so proud of her. She did her thing last night. All of her friends that showed up last night, jumped and cheered their hearts out for her. She went harder than before and surely Michael was dancing right by her side the whole time. I know I felt his presence in the building. All the energy was there, I was so hyped up running up and down the aisle for her.

This time my mother joined Shauna and I on this adventure. Boy, did we have a great time. After the hustle and bustle of work, we were on our way. We made it there with plenty of time to spare. When we got there DJ Jess had the crowd moving with oldies but goodies, the Cha-cha Slide and Cupid Shuffle. Of course my mom and I were jamming. Then the show began. Then came the segment when four random people are picked from the audience to do the "Apollo Soul Train Line." You know we made my mom go up there and she almost stole the whole show. She won and received four tickets to a play at the Apollo and an Apollo t-shirt. We jumped and cheered, it was awesome.

My mom was a celebrity taking photos with so many people and these girls were from Paris, France!

Photobucket

Shauna and I with host and comedian Capone

Photobucket

The two young men who performed for the performed for the "Stars of Tomorrow" segment did extremely well. I was cheering for both of them but the younger one, Amari Key, won and guess what he song? "Whose Lovin' You" and he reminded the audience of a young Michael Jackson. So cute!

Elaine, Melanie, Marie and I with Moses

Photobucket

Now it was time for the adults to come out. There was so much talent, but one guy was booed off and he was a spoken word artist. My friend, Nicole Ortiz, from my hometown Newark, NJ performed "I Am Changing" and I cheered for her with all my heart but sadly she didn't place this time. I was upset about it as well. There were other talents there that did so well. The violin and guitar duo, Unknown Lyric, came in second playing R&B hits with their instruments. Another instrumental talent came from Marisela, she sung and played her guitar and had the crowd mesmerized. She tied in third place with last time's first place winner Mario Evon, who sung a reggaeton song. It was such a tight show. Other good performers who didn't place were the harmonica player The Professor, singer Carvelle Nell Romeo and a male vocalist G. Soul.

My mom and Shauna with runners-up Unknown Lyric

Photobucket

There was a special performance by singer Johnny Kemp. He's the singer of the song "Just Got Paid." He did a tribute song to Nick Ashford and then sung his hit song. He had the crowd up on their feet.

Mom and Shauna with Johnny Kemp

Photobucket

Johnny Kemp and Moses bugging out

Photobucket

Back to Moses, she had a strong support system this time around. More of her close friends showed up and members from Michael Jackson Fans of NYC. I wore my light up glow and waved it all around to hype the crowd up. We are so proud of our MJ. She's definitely the closest we'll ever get to the real thing. Michael is definitely proud of her as well and he was there with us all.
More photos:
My mom, Shauna and I with Nicole Ortiz

Photobucket

Shauna and I in our famous long-arm shot. LOL Dueces!

Photobucket




Adventures As Michael Jackson: http://adventuresasmj.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment