About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

LMFAO: Sorry For Party Rocking! Concert

6/29/12 What better way to end a work week but than to see and meet the Jacksons, then the next day see a LMFAO concert? Two concerts back to back and ended my work week with a bang. Luckily, I was off from work that Saturday morning to fully rest. It was my first time seeing this dynamic duo, LMFAO, perform live. The group consists of Redfoo and SkyBlu. Redfoo is Motown founder, Barry Gordy's son and SkyBlu's uncle. This also makes Redfoo the brother of Hazel Gordy and the former brother-in-law to Jermaine Jackson. They also cite their former brother-in-law, Michael Jackson, as their musical influence. That is a cool correlation between me seeing the Jacksons' concert and their concert back to back. I've heard their music before and saw their videos, but watching them live was a whole other experience.
Photobucket
This concert was held at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. My friend Shauna and I went out on this adventure. I was super excited because I heard that these guys can really put on a show. The person who told me this surely told me the truth. There were so many people there and we were lucky to have had floor seats. Well actually floor spots cause we didn't have chairs on that level.
Photobucket
There were some great opening acts that gave the place a club vibe. Artists like Eva Simons, Far East Movement who did a cool tribute to MCA from the Beastie Boys, and Matthew Koma. There was also DJ Sidney Samson mixing up some hits as well getting the crowd worked up for LMFAO.
Photobucket
LMFAO came out and they crowd went wild. They were dancing, partying and having such a good time on stage. People in the audience were so excited they were pushing people, of course we pushed back and that settled it. LOL. They sung their hit songs and danced like there was no tomorrow. There was some points were I thought they were really drinking on stage. It was obvious that must of the audience had a drink or two themselves. Overall, it was a wild, crazy, funny, cool, and interesting experience I will never forget. All the way down to the part when they were practically dancing half naked.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment