About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Sister Act: The Musical

I won these ticket from 98.7 Kiss FM last month while playing the Midday Cafe Movie Quiz. This was my first broadway musical yesterday and it sure makes me want to see so many more. It took place on Broadway at the Broadway Theater in NYC. I always loved Sister Act and Sister Act 2: Back in Habit, but this was by far an amazing experience. They could not have picked a better cast. I was at the edge of my seat the whole time. I also took my mom on this adventure and she had a great time.
Photobucket

The show seemed to follow the same theme as the first movie, but there were a few changes. The star of the show, Patina Miller who was casted as Deloris Van Cartier, did an excellent job. It's a wonder why I have never heard of her before. Her voice was outstanding and she played the part so close to Whoopi Goldberg, all the way down to the sassy attitude.
Photobucket

The rest of the cast was amazing as well. Victoria Clark, who played Mother Superior, really reminded me of Maggie Smith so much that people thought it was her. Marla Mindelle, Sarah Bolt and Audrie Neenam were so much like the original three nuns Mary Robert, Mary Patrick, and Mary Lazarus. It was just amazing how close they seemed.
Photobucket

The sets, costumes, and the way it was all put together was so smooth. The music was different from the original but it was still great to listen to and enjoy. All the way down to the ensemble, I just love how everything flowed and how well everyone performed. It will definitely be a highlight of my summer.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about seeing this, thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete