About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Whitney Houston's Comeback!!!

I'm so proud of Whitney Houston!!! She's looking good, doing good and singing very well. Her songs on her new album are very inspirational. She went through so much that I am glad she pulled herself together. I was getting worried about her and hearing all those reports about her. I'm so glad she rose past that. During her interview with Oprah this year, she explained her past and she knew she needed to get out of it and she did. Her performance during the American Music Awards last night was phenomenal. It brought tears to my eyes and gave me goosebumps. She performed "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" from her I Look To You album. That song touched so many people in the audience because it gave people a glimpse of her struggle with the drug addiction and how she realized she was a stronger person than that. My favorite part in the song was the hook:


"I didn’t know my own strength
And I crashed down, and I tumbled
But I did not crumble
I got through all the pain
I didn’t know my own strength
Survived my darkest hour
My faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up
Hold my head up high
I was not built to break"

The song is just awesome and she did an excellent job performing. I'm so glad I did not miss it.
Also congratulations to her receiving the International Artist Award.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment